Your child's senior year has begun and for those who plan to go to college, it can be an overwhelming experience. There is so much information available to students and families, from "top 10" lists to websites about financial aid, that it can be daunting. However, we are here to help! If you were not able to attend the Senior College presentation on Wednesday, August 28th, the presentation and documents that were distributed are linked below:
- For an overview of the presentation, led by Guidance Counselor Chairperson, Lauren Sommers, click here:
- For a copy of the Secondary School Report form, click here. This document is a snapshot of student performance completed by the school counselor and serves as a cover sheet for documents being sent to colleges and universities.
- GLHS requires parental permission to send a student’s transcript to any college or university if the student is under the age of 18. All colleges and universities request a transcript as part of the documentation necessary for the admissions process. For a copy of the Transcript Request from, click here.
- Each senior student will receive a copy of the Senior College Application Guide when they meet individually with their School Counselor. If you would like a copy of the guide, click here.
If you have any questions about the college application process, please do not hesitate to contact your child's School Counselor:
- Ms. Susan Moore- student last names A-CO and seniors at the career centers
- Mr. Jim Lewis- student last names CP-HI and juniors at the career centers
- Mrs. Melissa Monnig- student last names HJ-MI
- Mrs. Jenny Savakinas- student last names MJ-SC
- Ms. Lauren Sommers- student last names SD-Z